UK 2011 unit sales
Some information has emerged out about the number of units of certain games that were sold in the UK in 2011. This has come courtesy of the ERA (Entertainment Retail association) which has compiled the numbers supplies by Charttrack.
|Title||Unit sales 2011||Notes|
|Modern Warfare 3||2,814,609||Nearly 14% down on Black Ops which sold 3,266,298|
|FIFA 12||2,193,302||About 8% down on FIFA 11 2,390,231|
|Just Dance 3||820,333|
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||732,566|
As became clear during the year, record week 1 sales didn't translate to on-going sell-through and, although perhaps it shouldn't be surprising in the light of the UK market being down 13% in 2011 and GAME's recent trading statement, those numbers for Modern Warfare 3 and FIFA 12 still seem somewhat somewhat of a shock.
External News Feeds
- This week on Outside Xbox
- Watch Gran Turismo 6 at 60FPS
- Saturday Soapbox: IP Freely?
- Ubisoft reaffirms its faith in Nintendo
- Ron Gilbert's match-three puzzler Scurvy Scallywags gets a trailer
- Check out this supercut from Ludum Dare 26
- Battlefield project manager moves to Call of Duty team
- New Team Fortress 2 update is completely user-made
- Avant garde stealth game Tangiers looks like a surreal noir nightmare
- New layoffs reach Trion
- Trion hit by mass layoffs
- Do all games need big audiences?
- Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection dated for July in North America
- How developers mess up immersion (you might be doing it wrong)
- Men's Room Mayhem due next week
- Six new games accepted on Steam Greenlight
- Video: Curating the do-it-yourself revolution
- Galaxy S4 sales approach 10 million
- Get a job: Cryptic Studios seeks multiple programmers
- Obsidian and Mail.ru Games partner up for Skyforge MMO