UK 2011 unit sales
Some information has emerged out about the number of units of certain games that were sold in the UK in 2011. This has come courtesy of the ERA (Entertainment Retail association) which has compiled the numbers supplies by Charttrack.
|Title||Unit sales 2011||Notes|
|Modern Warfare 3||2,814,609||Nearly 14% down on Black Ops which sold 3,266,298|
|FIFA 12||2,193,302||About 8% down on FIFA 11 2,390,231|
|Just Dance 3||820,333|
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||732,566|
As became clear during the year, record week 1 sales didn't translate to on-going sell-through and, although perhaps it shouldn't be surprising in the light of the UK market being down 13% in 2011 and GAME's recent trading statement, those numbers for Modern Warfare 3 and FIFA 12 still seem somewhat somewhat of a shock.
Next and Recent Releases
External News Feeds
- Death from Above: The making of Slap Fight MD
- Video: What you need to know about Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- The best PC hardware for Grand Theft Auto 5
- Cara Ellison on: The search for noir
- 'What impact has the game modding community had on your career?'
- SGN appoints new San Francisco GM
- See Square Enix's DirectX 12-powered Final Fantasy graphics in a new video
- Get a job: Temple Run's Imangi Studios seeks a Senior Game Developer
- HoloLens, Minecraft hookup envisioned before Microsoft bought Mojang
- EA's VP of EU major markets resigns
- Video: Designing procedural stealth for Invisible, Inc.
- Hands-on: Looking at AR game dev through Microsoft's HoloLens
- Rez soundtrack's missing tune finally released
- Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter already a success
- Dragon Age: Inquisition gets free multiplayer DLC next week
- Don't Miss: Making Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon the Nintendo way
- Blog: Mood swings and character development
- Former Candy Crush frontman opens a studio to make 'calmer' VR games
- Steam currency conversion error made a gun $3.5M
- Bungie raising money for Nepal