UK 2011 unit sales
Some information has emerged out about the number of units of certain games that were sold in the UK in 2011. This has come courtesy of the ERA (Entertainment Retail association) which has compiled the numbers supplies by Charttrack.
|Title||Unit sales 2011||Notes|
|Modern Warfare 3||2,814,609||Nearly 14% down on Black Ops which sold 3,266,298|
|FIFA 12||2,193,302||About 8% down on FIFA 11 2,390,231|
|Just Dance 3||820,333|
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||732,566|
As became clear during the year, record week 1 sales didn't translate to on-going sell-through and, although perhaps it shouldn't be surprising in the light of the UK market being down 13% in 2011 and GAME's recent trading statement, those numbers for Modern Warfare 3 and FIFA 12 still seem somewhat somewhat of a shock.
Next and Recent Releases
External News Feeds
- So, Mr Kojima, do we feel "ashamed" over Quiet?
- How to market your game - The 'Jaws' method
- Halo, Football Manager and Total War devs to make games for War Child
- War Child game jam attracts 343, Creative Assembly, more
- Apple finally launches a game-centric Twitter channel
- More free-to-play titles will fall foul of ASA, predicts Lovell
- 'Slave Tetris' game pulled from Steam after media outcry
- Capcom teases further remastered games
- Hip to be Square: US and EU boss Phil Rogers on the publisher's huge line-up
- MCV publisher to lead project from Ukie and Film London
- GAME boosts events business with Multiplay expansion
- 'YouTube Gaming can catch up with Twitch'
- Nominations open for this year's MCV 30 Under 30
- UK boxed games market hits lowest point since 1996
- Don't dare go AFK against Street Fighter 5's R. Mika
- Games press joins call for digital charts
- Can YouTube Gaming take on Twitch? Find out in this week's issue of MCV
- GamesAid voting starts next week
- MCV publisher French to leave for UKIE/Film London project
- All Destiny players can try The Taken King's PVP next week