UK 2011 unit sales
Some information has emerged out about the number of units of certain games that were sold in the UK in 2011. This has come courtesy of the ERA (Entertainment Retail association) which has compiled the numbers supplies by Charttrack.
|Title||Unit sales 2011||Notes|
|Modern Warfare 3||2,814,609||Nearly 14% down on Black Ops which sold 3,266,298|
|FIFA 12||2,193,302||About 8% down on FIFA 11 2,390,231|
|Just Dance 3||820,333|
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||732,566|
As became clear during the year, record week 1 sales didn't translate to on-going sell-through and, although perhaps it shouldn't be surprising in the light of the UK market being down 13% in 2011 and GAME's recent trading statement, those numbers for Modern Warfare 3 and FIFA 12 still seem somewhat somewhat of a shock.
Next and Recent Releases
External News Feeds
- 'The malware threat to online games is growing'
- Titanfall and Season Pass bundle just £10 on Xbox this week
- 'Bad coding leaves developers patching up damaged reputations'
- 5 Hot Trends in Indie Gaming That AAA Game Studios Need to Learn
- Video: Elite doesn't care about you - and that's why it's great
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for PC, PS4 and PS3
- Different testing approaches for mobile games
- Learn to write better sex, liars and mobile games at GDC 2015
- Joystiq likely to be shut down - Report
- #IDARB review
- DAU-UP study finds Android ARPU now equaling iOS
- New Year, New Job: Building your CV with experience from around the industry
- Housemarque on making niche downloadable games and the success of Resogun
- Accessories Update: Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai and Turtle Beach XO Seven Pro
- Professional Lumberjack 2015 headed to PC and consoles
- Video blog: The characteristics of game boards
- EA Mobile partners with WWF for fundraising campaign
- Japanese mobile firm Mobcast acquires Lumines IP
- Oculus VR is now making films in-house
- Road to the IGF: Alex Beachum's Outer Wilds