UK 2011 unit sales
Some information has emerged out about the number of units of certain games that were sold in the UK in 2011. This has come courtesy of the ERA (Entertainment Retail association) which has compiled the numbers supplies by Charttrack.
|Title||Unit sales 2011||Notes|
|Modern Warfare 3||2,814,609||Nearly 14% down on Black Ops which sold 3,266,298|
|FIFA 12||2,193,302||About 8% down on FIFA 11 2,390,231|
|Just Dance 3||820,333|
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||732,566|
As became clear during the year, record week 1 sales didn't translate to on-going sell-through and, although perhaps it shouldn't be surprising in the light of the UK market being down 13% in 2011 and GAME's recent trading statement, those numbers for Modern Warfare 3 and FIFA 12 still seem somewhat somewhat of a shock.
Next and Recent Releases
External News Feeds
- Shenmue and Streets of Rage to receive vinyl soundtracks
- Get a job: Be a Cinematic Artist for Telltale Games
- Video: Designing an immersive user interface for Hearthstone
- Postmortem: Pac-Man, Iwatani's rhapsody in yellow
- Desura addresses complaints that it hasn't paid developers
- Laid-off Zynga devs get a fresh start at a fantasy sports company
- Who am I to tell their story? Writing for diversity
- Opinion: Why Guild Wars 2's 'execution'-style ban was a bad idea
- Desura to devs: "We are not refusing to pay you"
- Learning a lot, fast by jamming in VR
- Zynga's old sports team hired by FanDuel - Report
- BioWare turns 20 today
- Does Nvidia HairWorks really "sabotage" AMD Witcher 3 performance?
- Video: Let's Play P.T in Minecraft
- Tackling mental illness in game design: A Vanishing Point postmortem
- 17-year-old pleads guilty to swatting
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 on PS4 supports PS3 fight sticks
- Former Rovio head of games founds Futureplay Games
- Razer's new mousemat has customisable lighting effects
- Point-and-click in the age of touch: Interface design for adventure games