UK 2011 unit sales
Some information has emerged out about the number of units of certain games that were sold in the UK in 2011. This has come courtesy of the ERA (Entertainment Retail association) which has compiled the numbers supplies by Charttrack.
|Title||Unit sales 2011||Notes|
|Modern Warfare 3||2,814,609||Nearly 14% down on Black Ops which sold 3,266,298|
|FIFA 12||2,193,302||About 8% down on FIFA 11 2,390,231|
|Just Dance 3||820,333|
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||732,566|
As became clear during the year, record week 1 sales didn't translate to on-going sell-through and, although perhaps it shouldn't be surprising in the light of the UK market being down 13% in 2011 and GAME's recent trading statement, those numbers for Modern Warfare 3 and FIFA 12 still seem somewhat somewhat of a shock.
Next and Recent Releases
External News Feeds
- Valve, HTC have a new VR headset coming out this year
- Among Friends: How Naughty Dog Built Uncharted 2
- Dracula unbound: The story behind the first 18 certificated video game
- While we wait, 15 new Grand Theft Auto 5 PC screenshots
- Wasteland 2 to get a graphics facelift
- Riot boss regrets reaction to League of Legends SpectateFaker case
- Star Trek Online players pay their respects to Leonard Nimoy
- Here's our first look at Guild Wars 2's new first-person camera in action
- Video: Downer endings that were totally our fault
- Does resolution really matter?
- Cara Ellison on: The Sims 4
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 PC gets a local co-op mod
- Blog: What is the purpose of game development?
- Renegade kid's Jools Watsham (Xeodrifter) on the Metroidvania
- Hyrule Warriors' secret final DLC character revealed
- Creative England offers funds to West Midlands and South West
- VVVVVV dev releases free game about selling street food
- Riot clarifies stance around League of Legends streams
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition heading to PS4 and Xbox One in June
- Dota 2 surpasses 40m players, user activity on the rise - EEDAR