UK 2011 unit sales
Some information has emerged out about the number of units of certain games that were sold in the UK in 2011. This has come courtesy of the ERA (Entertainment Retail association) which has compiled the numbers supplies by Charttrack.
|Title||Unit sales 2011||Notes|
|Modern Warfare 3||2,814,609||Nearly 14% down on Black Ops which sold 3,266,298|
|FIFA 12||2,193,302||About 8% down on FIFA 11 2,390,231|
|Just Dance 3||820,333|
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||732,566|
As became clear during the year, record week 1 sales didn't translate to on-going sell-through and, although perhaps it shouldn't be surprising in the light of the UK market being down 13% in 2011 and GAME's recent trading statement, those numbers for Modern Warfare 3 and FIFA 12 still seem somewhat somewhat of a shock.
Next and Recent Releases
External News Feeds
- Nintendo backs off pursuit of casual players
- How the Jagged Alliance 2 developers dealt with '90s gun culture
- First mobile MOBA adds Twitch tech
- GOG moves to diversify its lineup by adding DRM-free films
- Enjoyment and self-determination in winning video games
- Tech trainers Pluralsight raises $135m in Series B funding
- Standalone Kinect for Xbox One release date set for October
- Reminder: GDC 2015 call for submissions closes tomorrow!
- Virtual world MovieStarPlanet partners with SuperAwesome
- Standalone Kinect arrives Oct. 7
- PlayStation Plus gets Velocity 2X, Sportsfriends and TxK in September
- Capaldi's Doctor Who heading to Minecraft on Xbox 360
- Designing achievements: How good should I be at my own game?
- Escape Dead Island release date announced
- GOG.com adds movies section with documentaries aimed at gamers
- GOG moves into movies
- BioShock costs $18.99 on iPad
- Rumours claim Grand Theft Auto V on PS4, Xbox One and PC has slipped to 2015
- Forza Horizon 2 demo gets Xbox One release date
- Third GaymerX expo rebrands as GX3: Everyone Games