UK 2011 unit sales
Some information has emerged out about the number of units of certain games that were sold in the UK in 2011. This has come courtesy of the ERA (Entertainment Retail association) which has compiled the numbers supplies by Charttrack.
|Title||Unit sales 2011||Notes|
|Modern Warfare 3||2,814,609||Nearly 14% down on Black Ops which sold 3,266,298|
|FIFA 12||2,193,302||About 8% down on FIFA 11 2,390,231|
|Just Dance 3||820,333|
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||732,566|
As became clear during the year, record week 1 sales didn't translate to on-going sell-through and, although perhaps it shouldn't be surprising in the light of the UK market being down 13% in 2011 and GAME's recent trading statement, those numbers for Modern Warfare 3 and FIFA 12 still seem somewhat somewhat of a shock.
Next and Recent Releases
External News Feeds
- Settle the score with Samurai Gunn, out now on PC
- PS4 is the "leading system of this generation" - DFC
- DICE troubleshoots in public with Battlefield 4 bug tracker
- Nippon Ichi's The Witch and the Hundred Knight due in March
- Obsidian renames Project Eternity, releases a proper video
- Double Fine launching indie-backed Hack 'n' Slash in 2014
- Double Fine announces puzzle adventure Hack 'N' Slash
- Riot Games launches new API in open beta
- When tales wag the dog: How narrative can help or hurt your game
- EA among the Human Rights Campaign's "best places to work"
- Run away! Escape mechanics in RPGs
- Peggle 2 to receive Duel mode for free
- Get a Job: Robot Entertainment is looking for a visual FX artist
- Doom turns 20 today: Watch how it was made
- Company of Heroes 2 gets both paid and free DLC today
- Rethinking AI: A new approach to simulating characters
- And God said, 'Let there be Post Master'
- Free-to-play Family Guy game announced for iOS, Android
- Lucasfilm Games stars in first-ever studio postmortem at GDC 2014
- What lessons can be learned from LucasArts?