UK 2011 unit sales
Some information has emerged out about the number of units of certain games that were sold in the UK in 2011. This has come courtesy of the ERA (Entertainment Retail association) which has compiled the numbers supplies by Charttrack.
|Title||Unit sales 2011||Notes|
|Modern Warfare 3||2,814,609||Nearly 14% down on Black Ops which sold 3,266,298|
|FIFA 12||2,193,302||About 8% down on FIFA 11 2,390,231|
|Just Dance 3||820,333|
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||732,566|
As became clear during the year, record week 1 sales didn't translate to on-going sell-through and, although perhaps it shouldn't be surprising in the light of the UK market being down 13% in 2011 and GAME's recent trading statement, those numbers for Modern Warfare 3 and FIFA 12 still seem somewhat somewhat of a shock.
External News Feeds
- VIDEO: Resident Evil HD Remastered trailer arrives
- BuzzFeed wants to make casual games
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is 'for adults'
- GamesAid charity voting opens as funding hits record high
- MARGIN MAKERS: Guide to joysticks and wheels
- Developers protest intolerance of diversity
- Why games are revealed so early in development
- Free-to-play shooter Warframe now available on Xbox One
- Ninja Theory is helping develop Disney Infinity 2.0
- Blog: The difficult balance of creating games in Brazil
- Apple 'actively investigating' allegedly nude celebrity photo iClould hack
- Evidence mounts for PS4 port of Beyond: Two Souls
- Hundreds of developers sign latter asking gaming community to stop abuse
- What developers can learn from that Night Trap Kickstarter
- Hearthstone: The Curse of Naxxramas review
- State of Decay heading to Xbox One in 2015
- Take-Two shares spike amid Activision buyout rumours
- Steam top ten sellers chart: August 24-30
- This Week in Video Game Criticism: Tropes vs Anita Sarkeesian and the Demise of 'Gamers'
- Video: Arma 3 and the dark side of Early Access