UK 2011 unit sales
Some information has emerged out about the number of units of certain games that were sold in the UK in 2011. This has come courtesy of the ERA (Entertainment Retail association) which has compiled the numbers supplies by Charttrack.
|Title||Unit sales 2011||Notes|
|Modern Warfare 3||2,814,609||Nearly 14% down on Black Ops which sold 3,266,298|
|FIFA 12||2,193,302||About 8% down on FIFA 11 2,390,231|
|Just Dance 3||820,333|
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||732,566|
As became clear during the year, record week 1 sales didn't translate to on-going sell-through and, although perhaps it shouldn't be surprising in the light of the UK market being down 13% in 2011 and GAME's recent trading statement, those numbers for Modern Warfare 3 and FIFA 12 still seem somewhat somewhat of a shock.
Next and Recent Releases
External News Feeds
- Exploring the economics of suffering in This War of Mine
- Getting more women in games
- Nintendo introducing pre-loads with Super Smash Bros on Wii U
- Samsung to 'fundamentally reform smartphone portfolio'
- 'There's still life in retro games'
- Next Games acquires Helsinki GameWorks
- Zoe Quinn calls for big companies to speak out on GamerGate
- Apple boss Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Xbox Entertainment Studios has officially closed
- Nintendo adding pre-downloading to Wii U, starting with Super Smash Bros.
- Quinn urges industry to speak up and condemn Gamergate misogyny
- Screencheat is a game about screencheating
- ACCESSORIES UPDATE: Xbox One Camouflage Headset and Controller and PDP Wired Flight Pad for Wii U
- GTA: San Andreas HD on Xbox 360 is a mobile port
- Iwata reveals Nintendo's first Quality of Life product
- Sarkeesian and Colbert Report dismantle GamerGate in late-night US TV spot
- Blog: Not uniting to 'beat' Greenlight, but understanding the struggle
- Nintendo is redefining entertainment with a sleep sensor
- Microsoft Band is a health-focused smart device for your wrist
- MARGIN MAKERS: Guide to Fitness